Sunday, March 23, 2014

Need 36 hours in a day

Wouldn't it be great if we could add more hours to the day when we needed them? Say, when the day job and the writing job have deadlines at the same time?

Guh. My day job is breathing down my neck, and it's making it tougher to focus on the imaginary worlds my characters inhabit. Haven't written as much as I'd like in the last year, and Antonio's story is out there, waiting. But, I have managed to produce a novella for Loose Id that's a sequel to The Trouble With Angel.

If Wishes Were Horses came out at LI on Valentine's Day. It began as a one-page short when I was blogging a couple years ago, generated by a visitor's prompt. I then promised it to a reader when she was feeling blue, but shoved it into the closet and forgot about it. I'm happy to say I came through on the deal, and Tracy got her story. She wanted to see Angel and Brandon and the kids again, and I enjoyed writing every word.

Blurb:  Hot-tempered Angel and sexy, easy-going Brandon are pretty happy. Brandon's baseball career is over, Angel's no longer missing LA, and the guys are living in a vintage house in southern Oregon. Well, Angel thinks the house is just damned old. 

Marisa and Trey have adjusted to the men as substitute parents, and Angel and Brandon have figured out how to have regular sex even with kids in the house. Angel's even loving his marketing job at the winery. 

But when Brandon gets an offer of a new job back in California, is their new life going to fall apart? Tough and scrappy Angel is afraid that their hot sex life and the family they've built won't be enough to keep Brandon in the confoundedly cold Pacific Northwest. And being afraid pisses him off.Brandon's really keen on the job, and not at all keen on the cold. Will hot and sunny California call Brandon home again?


Meanwhile, I'm now in edits at Loose Id for my three original Change series books, and these early efforts of mine are getting overhauls. I'm really glad, actually, because I want them to be fresh, sharp and more interesting than the first time around. A Change of Tune will be out first, then A Change of Pace and A Change of Scenery will come out together in a single book.

And I'll breathe a big sigh of relief when they are done.

So the world keeps spinning, people keep making news and I'm cranking away on writing stuff that doesn't seem to amount to a hill of beans when compared to the serious happenings going on around the globe. I guess it's all the more reason to grab a book and escape whenever we can.

We need to be reminded why life is worth living, and living well. Because it's short. Sometimes too short.


No comments:

Post a Comment